A chatbot (also known as a talkbot, chatterbot, Bot, chatterbox, Artificial Conversational Entity) is a computer program which conducts a conversation via auditory or textual methods. Such programs are often designed to convincingly simulate how a human would behave as a conversational partner.
Ever Wondered How Iron Man talk to JARVIS ?? Or have been confused whether you are talking to a machine or a human?? Now this is the time to create your own Chat-Bot.
Date: 25th February 2017 ( 9 AM – 5 PM)
Venue: IIT Delhi
Cost of Workshop:₹ 1550/- per student
*No refunds will be entertained
1) What are chatbots? – 30 mins
- What are Chatbots?
- Why are they important?
- What are some possible application?
- How will Chatbots disrupt the Operating System?
2) Natural Language Processing using Machine Learning & AI – 1 hour 30 mins
- Exploring chatbot development with open source libraries like Apache Open NLP & Stanford Open NLP
3) Chatbot development through ChatterOn – 1 hour
- Understanding Contextual Conversational Flow
4) Chatbot development through ChatterOn – 1 hour
- Using proprietary Intent & Entity Extraction Technology to understand user’s Intent
5) Using external APIs to build bots – All participants are expected to build 5-6 chatbots on the platform – 4-5 hours
Practical ChatBots to be build
International Companies –
- Zomato – Creating a chatbot using Zomato APIs. The chatbot can be used to take user’s location and show major restaurant categories (Indian, Chinese, etc) in that region. After user chooses the category of restaurant he wants to eat in, he/she is shown a list of possible options from which he can book a table, look at reviews, photographs, etc. all happening inside Facebook Messenger
- Expedia Chatbot – Expedia is the biggest flight booking/hotel aggregation company in the world. Enable your users to add hotel, flight and rental car booking inside of the Facebook Messenger. It can run as location based service or as a user initiated service for multiple locations all across the world
- Fashion Bot – Create bots for fashion e-tailers and enable users to browse/buy/return products on Facebook Messenger. Product range can be large and varied and the user can input choices of size, color, brand, etc. in plain English.
- Social, Fun and Engaging
- Basic Chatbots
- Weather – Tell weather to user based on his/her location
1. Software toolkit to each participant. 2. Training Material (eBooks) for each participant.
Participants having a valid ID card of their respective educational institutions/companies are eligible for the workshop.
Team specifications :
It is individual participation workshop.
Each participant should bring one laptop with 3G/2G enabled phone.
Certificate criterion :
Certificate of Appreciation from Tryst IIT Delhi in association with Robonation and Robotech Labs Private Limited.
For further queries contact:
+91 9540 93 2700